Tre'sha Jerag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tre'sha Jerag

Home of the Tre'sha Jerag tribe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BTB movement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dolores

Dolores

BTB movement Empty
PostSubject: BTB movement   BTB movement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:32 pm

By the Book movement. What do you think?

I don t know if you follow what’s happen there by anyway I would like to have your opinion on that and how we do see that and eventually if we do participate to that.

First thing, when I see the different posts of these people, I am almost ready to put them in my still empty mute list. Not for what they want, but because because of the way they want to reach their objectives. Some proposals are really disgusting (as boycott of market, over raid femoutlaw sin with kill/per capture and so on…) and aims to put their vision destroying the one of the other.

Now to come back to their vision.

When we were playing with French people and Spanish people, myself and Kara were often seen as “gorean extremist”. Well because basically we were pretending that people should act as Gorean and not as Earth people.
I still strongly think that.
A gorean man is a male with a vision of the word and he is having a different vision as the one we can have. For me this is part of the univers, of the fieldground we will use to play.

Basically I feel “Gorean in the sense where the books are like a “movie scenary” where our characters will play. So if you are in a western movies you do not come with air planes and you integrate people such as American Indians, Chinese building railroads, etc…etc…etc…When you are in Gor, you play in Gor, in the geography, with the caste and so on….basically you respect the scenary and the world description.
So the BOOKS describe where you play and the social order of Gor. In there you do your own characters stories.

When I look all comments I think BTB people go much more further on in a way that I WILL never never go. They want to copy the book. Only what has been done in the book can be done. If it is not strictly explicit in the book it can’t be done. They even go further in one of the post (you never know if is official BTB or not^^) saying that some exceptions of the book will be as well regulated. It means that in one sense your character may be one of the book style.

One of the guy ask me: “If Frodon was killing Bilbo in the Lord Of The Ring would it still be the Lord of The Ring?”. I found the answer funny because obviously YES. The scenery does not drive limit of people behaviours in all way. Nothing says that an hobbit can’t kill an other one and so on…it will be a different story YES but in the same universe.

The same happen now in Gor. They want to remove that freedom that any character has to choice his action (obviously assuming consequences).

Let me know take an example to explain the difference.
Gor Book say that panthers doesn’t like Kajira, they even tends to depreciate them.
History says that during the Indian war most white people where hating Indians native.

Does it mean that in a western movie we can have a soldier friend of the Indian? Does it mean that it is impossible to have exception for a panther? We touch here the individual choice, knowing that in all society there are ALWAYS a percentage of people going against general rules. This is a fact. It is human being. As far as I can understand Gorean book nothing stop Gorean to as well make choice against the law. It is a personal choice you make with your character. And of course you accept the consequences of it.

It is important?
It is. Because in someway when we play we do care about how others seem us. These people push now to a fanatic vision of the book, excluding what is not IN. Other seems that feel Gorean, even if not fanatic, seems to be obliged to go there to not be excluded. Because the vision of they want to give is the following.
You can play two types: High wheel shoes outlaw female Disney gor or BTB. To be honest I do not feel in the first or a second one.

Don’t know what you think about all this. But these people tends to ruin what I can understand by role play.
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

BTB movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB movement   BTB movement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Tal Dear
Well I think that panthers looked down on kajira's who willingly submit to males. It all boils down to the panthers quest to stay free and the males intolerance of them as usch. Therefore anyone that would willingly submit themsleves to someone who has caused one and her tribe such hardship, would be looked at with distain.

Now, as for people who quote the books by verse and chapter, they need to realise that SL Gor is an ongoing process and is not outlined before typing as the author did before writing the series of books.

The books should be used as a guildeline for RP not the gospel that MUST be followed. Even the Bible is interpreted differently by each who read it.

Just as in RL there are MANY different personalities in GOR and even in each tribe. As Lilou would say "Viv le differance!"
Some panthers have an edge and are meaner and more strong willed than others. Some are very loving and sweet unless their sisters are in danger then they are as dangerous as any. NONE are amazons or superwomen.

Kisses Dolo on her cheek
be well mine
Back to top Go down
Dolores

Dolores

BTB movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB movement   BTB movement Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Yes Mistress. This is exatly how I see the as well Gor and SL.

We are not in the book, we are not book caracters, we are people approaching a same text with differents sensibilities as I guess we can suppose any Gorean person will do since they are before everything person.

What is for me a real pity is that I have seem so far Gorean people very tolerant and respectull. We are playing a dangerous game, base one love, hate, sumission, domintaion and the respect of players is very important and always has been. At the beginning when i start playing we were realy proud of that. Tolerance.

Now, I see these people as fanatic that does not respect the player anymore. Because I am a kajira they want to tell me how a kajira is. Most of them do not have any idea. They prefere discuss if city should have red silk or not, etc...these in my opinion are so stupid debates. that does not bring nothing to the game. What is important for the game is that players feels what they are. And this is what i always did. I have been kajira for long, probably from the book perspective i was realy bad, as En says, studborm, proud, selfish etc...but as a player and deeply as a kajira my objective was never to copy the book caracter but to bring satisfaction to my owner with my play. Book kajira are boring they can certainly knows all pages of the book that does not make the game. Kajira, in the book are human, with mind. spirit and body. They fear pain, the feel love, they feel hapiness and sadness. They can hate their owner or love it. Well i guess each one will be different since we are all different. In the book Norman caracter are ALWAYS NORMAN. Here we bring diversity as it is in a real word. Why do we want to make the thing less realistic ?

My only concern all the time when playing was my owner satisfaction. my satisfaction and if we can bring something to the global game, all this being respectul with the scenary of gor.

I think that does not make me supporter of high wheel sexy outlaw femeale for that. It is not because you do not venerate the Great Norman that you are in the other side. I wish a mouvement claiming player respect will exists, a movement they claim the right for any gorean player to take pleasure. acccepting thet each person is diferent and will act diferently in a fix and inflexible scenary called "GOR"
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

BTB movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB movement   BTB movement Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Tal mine

I agree dear. If the BTB people want all of the other participants around them to be only Nomanish, then thay should take exerpts from the book, make scripts from them, pass them out to the participants around them and have them follow it word for word. Then watch as people leave SL in droves.

As long as people use them as a guide and respect other participants "OOC" (which is one of my problems here) and have good and fun RP, I think SL GOR is a fun diversion from RL.

kisses
Sammie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BTB movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB movement   BTB movement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB movement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tre'sha Jerag :: The Tribe :: Tre'chat-
Jump to: