Tre'sha Jerag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tre'sha Jerag

Home of the Tre'sha Jerag tribe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kajira role

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dolores

Dolores

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:59 am

Okay. Kajira. They are part of gorean role play.
I have try to be a kajira in the tribe but could not. Was so frustrating to see you go to raid, sparr and be unable to do anything that it was a permanent frustration. So frustrated that when i had to play i could not Smile

Panthers are fighters. Yes.

No place for kajira then?

Not sure.

Now I am a panther. Thx the En. I can sparr and fight. I can be part of the tribe activity. I am glad. Realy.I do not feel a real panthers realy, i still feel more a kajira but i can follow. I have no spirit about being best bow, number of hit and so much thing i do not care about. But i can follow my mistress and protect her. This is important for a kajira. Aye it is. I play. Basic right for any players it is?

In the other hand, we have lost kajira game, in one sense we loose part of gorean rp. We loose rp. We focus more and more on combat loosing small part of social camp life.

No way to integrate Kajira being kajira?

Not sure again but here ideas.

Why don t we keep kajira. True Kajira for the tribe?

As the tribe is as well small and under attack, tribe my authorize kajira to participate to sparr (for the interest of the panthers) and raids we have rp justification). Free gave them weapons when they need to have them and remove it afer. They control. They are kajiras. Deal as kajira. Dress as kajira.

When in combat, kajira wears the panther tag with (hide collar function). It is more to avoid any issue with the "By the book mouvement".

In that way we keep our kajira RP and we are fine with others sims "by the book".

Any justification in Gor for that?

Yes. A lot.

- panthers are outlaw. "out of the law". So....
- in the books they speaks about fighting slaves for arena. They give them weapons and remove it after combat.
- in the book they speak about a body guard slave.
- in the book they speak about a fw giving weapons to slaves to protect her.

I hate books ! I hate to speak about them but I need ^^

many many open door...we could argue years. But we don t want to argue with others sims and with "by the book guys" don t we?
We want to play what we think correct.
We want to have fun for all with anyone staying on the sideroad.

So

==> kajira for the camp with x rights to fights.
==> panthers when fighting for others.

My two cents.

Hope will help.

Dolo.
Panthers sometimes
Kajira always. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Conny

Conny

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Kajira in a panther camp?

I have spent 2 months in a merc camp which is basically the same: sitting and waiting for the guys to come home and when they are back, mostly running for cover imidiately because the counter attack runs in. Because of that I never wasted a thought of joining the tribe or its precedessors as a kajira.

But apart from personal experience, if we look at the role from a realistic side and from the general setting that sl Gor gives us, it sums up to the following: Could we expect a tribe of girls, barely surviving by hunting, having the luxury of holding slaves? I hardly think that. Realistically you should expect that they will need every one to hunt.. and now one of them just feeling herself as slave, just because some leather band around her throat (metal collars were too expensive for others than high caste I would imagine and certainly too expensive for panthers).

But if ignoring this, what could a suitable rp be? A panther camp is not the place for most kajira rp, elaborate dances, long serves or furs...rather cooking and basic serving, maybe sewing and cleaning, repairing huts or traps. A rp which will be only attracting to very dedicated players and I doubt for long even for them. Thats why all tries to install low caste farmers here failed. The only option of having at least a bit of interaction would be healers helper. (Although on second thought, playing music or dancing, just different could provide a bit.. but always keep in mind, the panthers are away a lot).

A fighting slave? There are some male slaves in the books, right, but being a slave and fighting is contradicting itsself. If any slave shoots me with a bow and telling me, her master allowed that (happened) I am repelled. And I know, most will kill the slave without formalities.. and I can hardly see any reason how I could overrule that. So it would be a ghost mainly, not sounding like big fun for me.

Having said this, my personal conclusion: in a panther camp be a panther.. if you have a collar, wear it hidden and PLAY openly only panther.. this goes up to profile. What you do in private and especially oog is no business of others.

just my two coins *grins.. hello Javy..*
Back to top Go down
Dolores

Dolores

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:10 pm

a kajira does not need to be a dancing slave, pleasure slave and do long services.

They are slave who just work.

Obviusly this is an sl error to see a kajira only as a precious thing.

But it is not less reatistic to play slave not being it?
Back to top Go down
Conny

Conny

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:42 pm

yes, a slave can be and would be mostly just one who works..

knowing that its still the question if it can be transportet into a rp that makes fun! Wanting to be a slave has more an erotic background than the wish to work on the fields under the whip all day long without break, realistically.

In a dance, a fur or even serve you can be sensual, giving fun and having fun.. thats why its all what people connect with the kajira role in sl Gor. I have rped digging up a field and planting and harvesting there under command. Yes, you can do that and its what a real slave would be expected to do.. but then, a real slave was not expecting to have fun with it and even if, no one would care at all.

Having said this: a realistic rp would be a boring one.. rping menial tasks all day. Maybe there are some who find it satisfying, but certainly not me.
Back to top Go down
Dolores

Dolores

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:45 pm

well actualy i did not say you have to play exactly one or the other...as everuthing nothing is black or white...everthing needs to be adapted...if we wanted to play 100% you would probably not a panther. As everything it needs to be "adapted" to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Conny

Conny

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:12 pm

its not about black and white..

but still, in a role you will have to meet the basic general understanding of it. Or your charakter will not be accepted. Which would be for a fighting girlslave.
Back to top Go down
Dolores

Dolores

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:35 pm

so it is better to be like nothing and have an hidden collar ?
be sometimes kajira......sometimes panthers with no explanation?
an alt maybe.....

ummm

What s wrong of having fun playing a role if it does not affect other sim. Except obvously if it is a problem internaly. This is different. I always try to respect as much as I can the univers but i do nothing it does go against univers if it is an internal affair.

But Yes. You correct from "by the book perspective"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kajira role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajira role   Kajira role Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kajira role
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tre'sha Jerag :: The Tribe :: Roleplay Ideas-
Jump to: